- Wherever you come from, Claudio will pick you up at one of the airports of Milan for the one hour drive to our hotel near Lugano.
- Montagnola and a private tour of the Hesse Museum, then on to Carona, from where an even path takes us to Alpe Vicania and a wonderful alfresco wine tasting with a view. Morcote, with the most magnificent graveyard of Ticino needs visiting. Dinner at one of Lugano's best.
- Lugano's cathedral and the walk down to market for the cooking ingredients, lunch will be in an old barn near Mendrisio, where a very funny Roman lady cooks up a storm! Later we drive along the lake to Bissone, a former fishing village, and Campione, an Italian enclave famous for its casino by Mario Botta. After a rest we meet in a cool kitchen to learn to prepare some Ticino specialties and taste local wine while at work.
- Drive to Castagnola, from where a very nice path along the lake takes us to Gandria. We cross the border for lunch under a pergola, with some ingredients fresh from the waters at our feet. An old motorboat takes us back to Lugano, where there is time for some individual shopping or sight-seeing.
- In the northern part of Ticino we visit Cevio with beautiful buildings and ancient wine-cellars, then walk along the river to a genuine “grotto”, where home made salami and polenta from the fire and await us. In Mogno we see Mario Bottas’ pretty church and further up yet an artificial lake. And then, what a contrast, down to elegant Ascona and our hotel with a pool on the roof.
- We spend a leisurely morning here, with time to discover the town and perhaps shop for a gift. The last excellent lunch is in Cannobio with its pretty arcades, then a nice road along the Lago Maggiore takes us to the airport, for an arrivederci, a presto! (See you again, soon!)
* The cost for this memorable six day holiday depends on the number of travelers:
2 to 4 travelers: $4200/person
5 to 6 travelers: $3500/person
7 to 8 travelers: $2800/person
Our tour includes the following:
All airport transfers and in-country transportation by luxury van.
4 nights in a typical inn and one in an exquisit hotel.
All meals except one light lunche and two à-la-carte dinners.
Entrance fees to museums, boat turn and cooking class.
Not included are the flights to Milan, one lunch and two dinners, beverages, tips and gratuities.